Outsource your SIEM management
The importance of a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system is often overlooked, yet it can serve to fulfil a number of critical and beneficial purposes for an organisation. Designing, installing, integrating and maintaining these solutions can also often seem simple enough, it’s just logs right? Done wrong, a SIEM solution is a classic case of garbage-in, garbage-out.
Our managed SIEM service allows you to outsource the skills and expertise needed to effectively manage security related logs and events.
As part of the managed SIEM service we perform activities including, but not limited to:
- Operational monitoring of logging endpoints/collection points.
- Security monitoring of audit log activities for network devices, hosts and applications.
- Event log correlation and aggregation.
- Data enrichment. Make sense of your data by dynamically adding meta-data for context.
- Real time monitoring and alerting.
- Incident response.
- Custom integration for non-standard logs and/or log sources.
- Regular service status reporting.
- Designing customised dashboards.
How does this help me?
The benefits of a SIEM solution will vary from one client to the next and often some benefits can be unexpected. The most common benefits are briefly described below:
- Centralised Security Monitoring and Alerting: Today’s complex environments are often filled with a large array of varying technologies making complete and consistent visibility difficult. A SIEM solution helps bring all the data together, greatly simplifying the monitoring of security events across the entire environment.
- Simplify Compliance: The data or evidence necessary to satisfy compliance requirements can often be collected by SIEM solutions giving you the ability to login to one place and simply run a report.
- A powerful incident investigation tool: Security events collected in a centralised solution protects your audit trails and provides you with the capability to correlate events related to a specific incident across multiple event sources
- Operational Intelligence: Statistical analysis of logs can provide valuable business intelligence that doesn’t necessarily have to be security related. SIEM solutions enable this by pulling all the data together making it far simpler to run customised queries and reports.
Pure Hacking’s consultants have years of experience with SIEM solutions and know how to get the most benefit out of them. We not only manage the solution, but work closely with you to understand your data and what value-add can be extracted from it. In our experience, this has always been a key factor in ensuring that the SIEM solution doesn’t end up as another tool collecting dust in the technology cupboard. For more details, please contact us.