Web Application Firewall and PureWAF
Fully customised for added protection
Web Application Firewalls (WAFs) are powerful technologies that mitigate the risks facing your web applications. WAFs however, are not set and forget solutions. Most off-the-shelf WAFs only protect an organisation against half of the top 10 most common web application security flaws (OWASP Top 10), and fall well short when it comes to less common threats.
The one-size-fits-all approach of traditional WAFs only provides limited protection for your web applications. To receive maximum benefit from a WAF it needs to be properly customised and monitored by experienced IT security specialists who understand the intricacies of Layer-7 attacks.
How PureWAF works
PureWAF is a fully managed web application firewall fine-tuned for your specific web application. Designed from the ground up by IT security experts, PureWAF prevents both syntax based attacks like SQL Injection and Cross-site Scripting, as well as all business logic flaws within the web application.
Our approach is to start with a comprehensive penetration test to identify existing vulnerabilities within your web application. We then use the information gathered during this initial test to create a customised rule set by adding further mitigation controls to address the specific issues identified.
By combining our generic attacks ruleset with this customised ruleset, PureWAF can mitigate 99% of your web application vulnerabilities. This provides superior protection, effectively plugging the holes in your web applications and online services.
Using specialists to look after your web application security means your development team is free to focus on online business functionality and other projects.
Reducing the costs and impact of attacks
If a security breach goes unnoticed for longer than four hours, the cost of the remediation can escalate quickly into tens of thousands of dollars. This can easily extend into hundreds of thousands of dollars if the breach goes unnoticed for more than one week.
With PureWAF, Pure Hacking’s security experts monitor the attacks against your business every day, 24 hours a day making it much harder for hackers to break into your web applications and web servers.
PureWAF is the ideal solution when:
- Your development team is not highly skilled in effective secure development practices.
- A project is going live but web application vulnerabilities still exist.
- A web application or web server is under attack or has been compromised.
- You are migrating to a new website and do not want to invest in securing applications that will be decommissioned.
- Legacy applications are running and you do not have the source code or the skills to update the security of the application.
- You are unsure of the security controls within your web application.
- Web applications cannot go offline to allow for patching.
- You require custom written protection such as anti-fraud detection.
Like to know more? Please contact us.