Architecture and Design Review
Whether you’re on the verge of putting together the latest solution for your business or simply enhancing your existing systems, security must be a consideration as early in the process as possible.
- What would happen if your system was hacked?
- Is confidential data at risk?
- What would the financial, legal and goodwill implications be?
Avoid security as an after-thought and make sure your systems are secured from the ground up.
Pure Hacking’s security architecture and design reviews are an in-depth assessment of your solution’s architecture and/or design, specifically looking for how and where security controls are applied. We highlight the areas without sufficient security controls and explain the associated risk. Our review includes a report designed to be presented to the project team and provides a clear and concise overview of the risks identified, along with recommendations for mitigating those risks.
Our Architecture and Design process includes a review of:
- Your business requirements to ensure that adequate supporting security requirements have been incorporated.
- The verification of the compliance requirements that apply (e.g. PCI) and the controls you need to implement to make sure you meet these requirements.
- Zoning and network segmentation.
- The solution’s data flows. These flows greatly influence the level of security controls required.
- Technologies used by the solution and whether they have any inherent vulnerabilities.
- Application security controls which include checking whether there are sufficient layers of protection (considering the security profile of the system).
- The intended implementation for security controls (in design stage documentation).
Throughout both the architecture and design stage reviews, Pure Hacking works closely with your project team. We are effectively the security resources on your project. Your team will gain a complete understanding of the security risks raised and how to best address them. The final report we produce is also useful for aiding the business in making the critical decisions on how to address the risks found based on the potential impact to the business.
For an overview of how Architecture Reviews are conducted and the benefits to your business, please contact us.