Implementing security appliances, tools and software is an important step towards improving the overall security posture of your organisation. But how can you be sure that everything you’ve invested in has been implemented correctly? Questions you could be asking include:
- Have all the default passwords been changed?
- Have unnecessary product features and services been disabled?
- Are you using secure management protocols?
- Is management access restricted?
- Were the key security features understood and implemented correctly for the best possible protection?
- Are the configurations in line with compliance requirements?
- What are the best practices?
Pure Hacking’s consultants have expertise in a variety of technologies and industry accepted standards for secure system build and configuration. Our consultants can review the technology and infrastructure you have implemented to identify any shortcomings and will provide a full report backed with our expert recommendations.
Typical examples of configuration reviews performed by Pure Hacking include:
- Firewall reviews (any vendor).
- Switch/Router configurations.
- All major operating systems including Windows, Redhat, Solaris and Linux.
- Major applications including Microsoft IIS and SQL Server.
Our secure configuration analysis is valuable for point-in-time audits (e.g. pre-production) but also serves as an excellent complement to internal compliance and assurance programs. Please contact us for scoping and pricing details.